To prepare young people for pastoral ministry, and for the teaching of Bible in denominational schools of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Myanmar.
This program is intended to provide professional training for the students to prepare them to become
effective spiritual leaders in the church and community. The specific objectives of the program are as follow:
(1) To acquaint a student with the life and teachings of Jesus, as well as the teachings of the Bible;
(2) To familiarize students with a knowledge of world religions;
(3) To teach them how to contextualize their witness for the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
(4) To provide knowledge of, and appreciation for the history and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Applicants who are planning to do this program must meet the following requirements:
(1) Must complete grade 12 Program
(2) Must come up with enthusiasm in the field of Religion/Theology
(3) Must have demonstrated English Proficiency
To complete the Bachelor of Theology (B Th) program, students are to meet the following requirements:
(1) Students must complete 104 semester hours of course work specified in the program within a
maximum of 8 Calendar years.
(2) For graduation a minimum GPA 2.50 is required
(3) Must be a Master Guide graduate
Practical Work Requirements: Non-credit requirements of 500 hours are stipulated as follow:
Canvassing (120 hours): Canvassing for one summer meets this requirement.
Evangelism (180 hours): Participating or leading in an evangelistic meeting for two weeks earns 60 hours and beyond 2 weeks earns 120 hours.
Church Ministry (120 hours): Assisting or leading in various churches in/out reach activities for two semesters.
Pastoral Work (80 hours): Assisting pastor in his ministerial task for one semester meets 80 hours.
BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY DEGREE (B Th) Requirements:
A total of 132 semester units of course work is required and it is distributed in the followings:
General Education Courses 25 (16 overlap hours)
Courses in Biblical Studies 22
Courses in Biblical Languages 6
Courses in Biblical, Theological, Historical Studies 64
Total Required Hours 132 units
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.