Beginner DJ Course by Cambodia DJ Academy
A Practical introduction to Mixing Music: As well as becoming familiar with the equipment and basic skills, trainees are encouraged to bring their favourite music and are introduced to different genres of beats and sounds.
Course Period: 8 SESSIONS X 1.5 HOURS = 12 HOURS
+ 4 HOURS PRACTICE
COURSE COST : $350
– INTRODUCTION TO DJ’ING: What is a DJ? Quick history of DJ’ing, brief explanation of different technologies and how DJ’ing has evolved, most popular formats commonly used now.
– FUNDAMENTAL CONTROLS & SET-UP: How to set up & use equipment, how to cue a track and start mixing – (Controllers, CDJ’s and Software; Rekordbox, Serato, Traktor Pro, Virtual DJ).
– FORMATS: Discuss the pros and cons of the different file formats available, wav, mp3 flac, etc. Where to source your music and download or buy songs and tracks.
– KNOWING YOUR MUSIC: Introduction to musical considerations when mixing, to help trainees better choose the right track to play and know when and how to mix it. Topics covered include tempo, time signature (4/4) and groove/rhythm.
– INTRODUCTION TO MIXING & BEATMATCHING: Hands on practical teaching. Basic exercises taught to help trainees count music and improve their own rhythm. Beatmatching vs. syncing. How to adjust minor tempo mis-matches.
– EQ, LEVELS & FILTERING: Learn about EQ, Gain & Filter controls on a mixer, so trainees have a better understanding of how to use them to change sound of a track and improve their mix. They will also learn how to manage the output levels so as to avoid distortion and damage to their ears.
– SUMMARY & PRACTICE OF ALL SKILLS LEARNT ON THE COURSE.
– TRAINEES TO PASS THE CDJA BEGINNERS COURSE ORAL AND PRACTICAL TEST.
Please contact us for more information about the course.