Did you know that today, more than 2.5 Exabytes (2.5 billion gigabytes) of data is generated every single day? And 90% of all the data in the world was produced within the last 2 years?According to a research conducted by McKinsey, Big Data will become a key basis of competition, underpinning new waves of productivity growth, innovation, and consumer surplus—as long as the right policies and enablers are in place. No wonder organizations nowadays are facing a shortage of Big Data professionals in the market.
Considering the increasing demand of Big Data and Analytics professionals, we at APEX Global, bring you an incredibly strong foundation course that will help your employees understand the basic concepts of Big Data. If your organization is ready to boost its analytical capabilities or embrace big data strategies, this course can act as your Launchpad. With this course, we can help you build a strong foundation to let you explore large and complex datasets and communicate with data scientists by asking the right questions. We are market ready and internationally renowned for our course content, delivery and hand-on exercises.
Classroom Training | 2 Days
Get ready for an extraordinary data exploration journey with our bespoke Big Data career path! We understand that each learner has a distinct learning need. And, we cater to this need of IT Professionals in the Philippines and ASEAN region by making them dive deep into concepts of Big Data technologies, problems and systems.
You can achieve the Foundation level by signing up for our Big Data Foundation course. Big Data Foundation is a two-day course aimed to make you learn the basic concepts and terminologies working behind Big Data. With a detailed explanation of grounding concepts, it will introduce and describe the most commonly used framework, Hadoop.
The Big Data Foundation course includes 5 modules followed by an assignment,a hands-on lab exercises and a final exam:
- Big Data: Why and Where?
- Characteristics of Big Data and Dimensions of Scalability
- Data Science: Getting Value out of Big Data
- Foundations for Big Data Systems and Programming
- Systems: Getting Started with Hadoop
Hands-on lab exercises
Upon completion of our training program, you will be able to:
- Explain the origin of Big Data which include three key sources: people, sensors and organizations.
- Exemplify real-world problems that establish the importance of Big Data.
- Discuss the impact and importance of 6 V’s of Big Data: Volume, Velocity, Veracity, Valence and Value.
- Describe the 5-step process of approaching data science problems.
- Explain the programming models and architectural components that are used to analyze Big Data.
- Install and run a program with the use of Hadoop.
- Software Engineers
- System Administrators
- IT architects
- Application Developers
- Data Analysts and Scientists
Please contact us for more information.