Business Intelligence and Data Analysis with Metabase Training Course
Metabase is an open source business intelligence (BI) tool. It provides a simple and user-friendly interface for creating and configuring data visualizations and dashboards.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at data analysts and data scientists who wish to use Metabase to collect, query, and visualize data for business intelligence analysis and reporting.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up and install Metabase to start building data visualizations and dashboards.
- Learn how to query, aggregate, and visualize data in Metabase.
- Use the features and tools in Metabase to write SQL queries.
- Build analytics charts and dashboards to get business insights.
- Know the best practices and tips on using Metabase and resolving common issues.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Price per participant: 203240236 VND
Duration : 14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of data analytics and database concepts
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- Metabase vs Superset vs Tableau
- Overview of Metabase features and components
- Installing Metabase
- Setting up an account
- Connecting the database
- Exploring the UI and tools
- Adding a question (simple and custom)
- Creating explorable charts
- Using custom expressions
- Joining tables in Metabase
- Aggregating multi-level queries
Working with SQL
- Writing SQL queries (native query)
- Creating filter widgets
- Adding smart filter widgets
- Working with dates in SQL
- Using SQL snippets
- Simplifying queries with CTEs
- Organizing SQL codes (snippets, saved questions, views)
- Combining tables with joins
Building Visualizations and Dashboards
- Choosing a chart type
- Customizing visualization settings
- Setting up and configuring dashboards
- Making dashboards interactive
- Adding dashboard filters
- Best practices and tips
Analyzing and Managing Data
- Using time series comparisons
- Building a customer lookup tool
- Delivering customer-facing analytics
- Embedding charts and dashboards to websites
- Other use cases and examples
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
Summary and Next Steps
REGISTER FOR THE COURSE