The duties and responsibilities of the CATC are as follows:
1) To provide aviation training that conforms to the standards of the international Civil Aviation Organization’s International Civil Aviation Convention, and to offer domestic training in compliance with Thailand’s own air transport laws and regulations.
2) To produce sufficient qualified personnel to meet the needs of the country’s private and state-sector air transport industry in line with Thailand’s national aviation personnel development plans.
3) To provide technical and other aviation-related services. The responsibility of the CATC is to produce highly skilled personnel for the civil aviation industry in Thailand and the Asia Pacific region. It has a vital role to play in helping the industry to keep pace with technological advances, envisioned by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
1. CATC graduates and those who complete CATC training courses should attain a level of quality and expertise that complies with international standards, enabling them to contribute to the improvement of professional standards in the air transport industry.
2. To produce and develop sufficient qualified personnel to meet the expansion needs of the national aviation industry.
3. To win international recognition as a reputable training institution in the field of civil aviation.
4. To offer a continually expanding range of services that generate additional income and help to reduce the Center’s reliance on government support for investment funding.
5. To be a model government organization with an effective management structure and strategic management policies that give priority to quality standards and comply with the principles of good corporate governance.
6. To ensure that staff who meet international standards are part of a culture of learning, and take full advantage of opportunities for professional development as a means of improving personal and organizational performance.
1. To produce and train sufficient highly-skilled personnel to meet the need of the national and regional aviation industries.
2. To research and develop new aviation technologies and services, and to educate and advise in order to raise service standards and enhance the competitiveness of Thailand’s aviation sector in the Asian region.
3. To provide increased capacity in aircraft maintenance and repair services.
4. To provide aircraft services and to create new business related to the aviation industry, in order to serve the public and support CATC students on cooperative education activities.
5. To support the operations of the Department of Civil Aviation, the Ministry of Transport in accordance with the government policy to comply with the ICAO Annexes to the Convention on International Civil Aviation and to provide assessment and approval of applications for personnel licenses as designated.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.