Digital Apparel Design by CGTI
This training provides fundamental applicable skills in using the Adobe Illustrator (AI) software, concentrated in the area of fashion design and presentation. Learners will identify the numerous benefits of using CAD and any possible shortcomings, you will learn how to use AI to render garment designs and technical sketches, basic Photoshop skills, and you will be familiarised with the various electronic file types, their properties and effective digital transmission. Learners will be able to create vector-based flat drawings, do basic image editing, use selected effects and create presentation layouts using selected CAD software. You will also learn to create your own trims library for enhanced and long-term effectiveness.
• Identify various CAD software’s in the market, and benefits of
using CAD software
• Identify the different menu, tools and palettes functions and
interfaces in the Adobe Illustrator software.
• Learn to use the correct menu, tools and palettes functions, and
interfaces to illustrate basic fashion illustrations and
• Understand different modes of graphic files format, output and
printing for the fashion design and presentation file.
• Learn to use basic Adobe Photoshop skills using different menu,
tools and palettes functions and interfaces to render fashion
illustrations and presentation
• Illustrate designs for trims, patterns and graphics and create
your own trims library for enhanced and long-term effectiveness.
• Interfaces the Adobe Photoshop software with Adobe Illustrator
for use in editing fashion design and presentation.
• Evaluate printing and emailing end fashion design illustrations
and presentations and make necessary changes for any non conformances.
• Currently working in the apparel industry or aspire to work in the
• Possess university, diploma or high school certificate
• Ability to read, write and comprehend English proficiently
• Basic computing skills and knowledge of Microsoft office
Non-GMAC Members USD$322.00
GMAC Members USD$280.0
Training Hours 24
Assessment Hours 4
Total Hours 28
Student must fulfil the following requirements:
• 75% attendance rate of total training hours per module
• Assessed and be competent for every module
Upon successful completion of the course, student will be
awarded the CGTI Certification which is nationally endorsed and
recognised by industry partners.
ATTITUDE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Functions of menu, tools, palette and interfaces
• Technical sketches
• Basic fashion sketches
• Fashion illustrations
• Basic fashion illustration presentations
• Trims, patterns and graphic library
• Basic editing of a fashion illustration
• Saving, exporting and printing the fashion illustration and presentation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Graphic designers
• Fashion Designers
• Marketing Executives and Managers
• Product Development Executives and Managers
• Sourcing Executives and Managers
• Pattern Drafters
• Garment Technicians
Want more info? Please contact us.