The Diploma in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing combines the practical components of design and product development. This course is ideal for students interested in the management and retail side of the industry – such as retail management, buying, public relations and product development – or those who want an insight into starting a fashion business.
You will share your first year of this course with the Diploma in Fashion Design students. In your second year, you will start taking modules which are focused on product development, retail buying, trend forecasting and garment production, together with digital design and computer-aided manufacturing. You will benefit from hands-on experience through industry-relevant projects as you learn how to manufacture, buy, promote and move fashion products into the world. You will work often alongside students of Fashion Design, sharing facilities and some modules taught by a strong team of dedicated staff. In your third year, you will develop and produce a collection of outfits, which will promote your look and aspirations for fashion to an external audience.
- Analyse the fashion consumer and market trends
- Use research skills and analysis methods to produce a range of fashion products relevant to set assignments
- Formulate concepts appropriate to set assignments in the form of 2D and 3D fashion products
- Manage your own learning and evaluate your own progress as you work individually or in teams
- Communicate the design development and research process effectively through verbal presentations
- Utilise appropriate technology and 3D skills in the production of your work
- Attain required mathematical skills related to merchandising activities
NAFA hopes to attract applicants with the potential to become excellent arts practitioners. Applicants are selected by merit, based on the following criteria:
Potential in Artistic Talent and Creativity
Selection is competitive and is subject to the availability of places. However, the Academy may give consideration to talented applicants who excel in Artistic Talent and Creativity, but have not fully met the education qualification stated.
Course fees indicated here apply to students entering NAFA in the academic year of 2021, with studies commencing on 26 July 2021. All annual fees are based on 40 credits per year. The cost for additional credits taken will be chargeable at yearly course fees divided by 40 credits of the course.
Singapore Citizens S$5,150 per annum
Permanent Residents S$7,700 per annum
International Students S$10,500 per annum
Full Fees S$19,900 per annum
Upon completion of this course, you may look forward to the following career options:
- Event Management
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Marketing Executive
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Product Developer
- Fashion Trend Consultant
- Retail Management