Since 2010, DVV International in cooperation with Welthungerhilfe (German Agro Action) and the Lao partners built community learning centers in 24 rural villages in Sepon and Nong districts and 2 CLCs in Khammuane Province.
Here, close to the border to Vietnam, live mainly ethnic minority groups, often rarely or not educated at all. Community Learning Centers (CLC) provide a public space for learning, sharing and meeting for all villagers.
The range of courses offered is various, such as …
- literacy courses on how to write and read
- basic mathematics to skills trainings
- skills trainings from mechanics to handicrafts
- health, gender equality and agriculture courses.
Trainings and courses depend on the demand of the villagers themselves, who decide upon the activity plan together with the governmental staff and authorities.
Currently there are two projects going on, the
- Opening up Community Learning Centers (CLC) in rural Lao PDR for Youth and Children, funded by Kindermissionswerk „Die Sternsinger” and
- KHALODEP:Khammouane Local Development Project in collaboration with LuxDev.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.