Free online learning facilities from English First (EF) educational institutions can be an alternative during physical distancing. There are several learning programs that are open to the public for free, ranging from preschoolers to adults. Learning programs that can be accessed through Youtube channels or applications include:
• EFolklore, Youtube Series, which is an animation of Indonesian folklore in English for ages 4-13 years.
• EF Adventure to Letterland, which provides a variety of videos of English subject material for ages 3-10 years.
• EF Junior English Test, a series of English tests for students for ages 8-13 years.
• EF English Standard Test (EFSET), a series of adaptive English tests to measure the ability of standard English, for ages 14 and older.
• EF English 24/7, a free mobile application that contains English language learning that reflects everyday life, for ages 18 and up, can be downloaded via iOS and Android.
EF English First, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of English language learning in the world, with students of all ages and teachers who are passionate about their jobs in the classroom and life abroad.
Currently, EF English First is hiring professionals and graduates who are looking for an amazing year or 2 abroad, to develop a new career or travel and experience life overseas.
Every year, EF English First hires hundreds of qualified and newly qualified teachers from the UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa to teach in schools across China, Russia and Indonesia. Upon joining EF, all new teachers receive full support and training, as well as continual professional development across the different products. Teachers can teach English to kids and teens or adults at EF’s state-of-the-art language schools and centres. Or, they could choose to teach kids and adults online in Shanghai. EF English First now has over 200 schools across 60 cities in China, 77 schools in Indonesia and over 20 in Russia. This gives teachers the opportunity to choose the location that is right for them, and even enjoy job rotation across cities and countries.
EF as a whole is on a mission to open the world through education. To realize this mission, EF English First invests heavily in teacher development for those who want to advance their careers in education. Although most positions are entry-level, English First also has academic management positions such as DOS (Director of Studies) and CEM (Center Education Manager) roles for those with more experience. Moreover, once teachers are a part of the EF family and network, they can also enjoy opportunities across the globe in other parts of the company.
Awards and Recognitions:
– Official Language Training Supplier to 6 Olympic Games
– Winner of the Highest Employee Satisfaction Award by China Business Journal 2015
– National Five Star Gold Teacher Team Award from Sina.com
– Recipient of the China Charity Festival’s Innovative Charity Award
– Holder of 2 Guinness World records
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.