IALF is Indonesia’s premier institution for English and Indonesian language training, IELTS testing and preparation, and teacher training for teachers of English. It is a non-profit organization, committed to providing high quality language training services throughout Indonesia and the Asia Pacific region.
IALF has four training centres, in Jakarta, Gading Serpong and Bali, all with excellent resources and facilities to support language learning.
IALF is committed to excellence in education and is recognized as an influential leader in language and teacher training in Indonesia and the Asia-Pacific region.
IALF provides high-quality specialized training and human resource development services. It has the expertise and experience to:
- design and deliver customized language training programs to meet specific client needs both in development projects and in a variety of industry sectors;
- provide experienced language experts as consultants to donor agencies and to companies; and
- deliver a comprehensive package of services – pedagogic, managerial and technical – that has proven itself in the educational context of the developing world.
IALF’s major activities are:
- English Language Training
- Language Testing
- IELTS & PTE Academic Preparation
- IALF Global – Overseas Education agency
- Teacher Training
- Indonesian Language Training
- Project Management
IALF offers a wide range of English language programs to meet the needs of Indonesians: English for Academic Purposes for those who wish to study overseas; Specialized English for business and the workplace; and at IALF Bali, English for Young Learners and General English for all ages.
The IELTS test is conducted several times a month at each IALF centre, and in cities across Indonesia. IELTS Preparation courses, IELTS Masterclasses and IELTS Tryouts prepare test-takers to sit the test. The Pearson Academic Test of English (PTE Academic) is offered regularly at IALF Jakarta.
Indonesian language courses attract expatriates living in Indonesia as well as students and teachers of Indonesian who travel to Indonesia to study the language and culture. The Bahasa Indonesia program comprises intensive, part-time, specialized and online courses at IALF Bali and IALF Jakarta.
IALF Bali is a teacher training centre, conducting the internationally accredited Trinity College London Certificate in TESOL, as well as a range of IALF certificated training courses for teachers.
IALF also has a strong track record in international development.
Recent projects (funded by the Australian Government) include:
- ELTA (English Language Training Assistance), a language upgrading program delivered in six Indonesian provinces under the Australia Awards program (2011 – ongoing);
- Kang Guru Indonesia, an English language radio program supported by workshops and social media (1999 – 2016); and
- ETELP (Timor-Leste English Language Program), a project to improve the teaching of English in schools in Timor-Leste (2011 – 2016).
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.