PMI Colleges, formerly known as Philippine Maritime Institute, is a private , non-sectarian , co-educational higher education, Maritime institution established on September 18, 1948 in Santa Cruz , Manila , Philippines where its main campus is located.
PMI Colleges is considered as the second oldest and the largest among over one hundred private maritime schools in the country. At present, it is the biggest nautical school in the country, averaging nearly 3500 nautical and marine engineering graduates every year.
- Master in Customs Administration (MCA). Master in Customs Administration is the highest degree offers in PMI Colleges which has something to do with tariff and customs law, import, export, and brokerage procedures and other related trade practices. This master’s degree program is open for graduates of any undergraduate courses, however the non-Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration (non-BSCA) graduates are required to take eighteen (18) academic units in customs and tariff as prerequisite subjects. After finishing at least 75% of the major subjects of the MCA program, the students are required to take the comprehensive examination and then write and defend a thesis. PMI Colleges is the pioneer school in the Philippines that offers postgraduate study in Customs Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSMarE). This course has three-year academic program and 18 months shipboard apprenticeship program which upon completion would earn a graduate a Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering. BSMarE Cadets are the future Marine Engineer Officers of vessels.
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT). This course has three-year academic program and 18 months shipboard apprenticeship, which upon completion would earn a graduate the Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation degree. BSMT Cadets are the future Merchant Marine Deck Officers of Merchant Fleets in the Global Maritime Shipping Manpower Industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration (BSCA). A four-year baccalaureate course which prepare its graduate for a career in export and import industry, brokerage and other related trade practices
- Associate in Marine Engineering (AME). It is a three-year ladderized course leading to Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (Bsmt2d).
- Associate in Marine Transportation (AMT). It is a three-year ladderized course leading to Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT).
- Seafarer Rating Course (SRC). It is a two-year course that caters to those high school graduates who wants to board the vessels the faster way around. They could choose majoring between Deck and Stewardship. Graduates of SRC are the future boatswain on board having been trained as able-bodied seaman and steward.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.