Project Management for IT Professionals (Software Project Management) from Business Coach
Software Project Management is the scientific style of planning, managing, implementing and monitoring a project, targeting software implementations. It is a sub-discipline of project management, which started in around 1970s when computers had started.
There are a multitude of ways to implement software projects, and unlike a software’s counterpart (any kind of project implementation), a software is intangible. Software development is a kind of all new stream in world business and there’s very little experience in building software products. Most software products are tailor made to fit the client’s requirements. The most important is that the underlying technology changes and advances so frequently and rapidly that experience of one product may not be applied to the other one. All such business and environmental constraints bring risk in software development hence it is essential to manage software projects efficiently.
At the end of the program, the participants should be able to:
- Know the difference between software project management against other project implementations
- Be familiarized with the key terms in software project management
- Learn the different phases of a software project management and create a sample timeline
- Monitor a project’s progress, analyze and mitigate risks
- Understand and learn the different project documentations of a software project, including but not limited to:
– Business Requirements Document
– Change Requests
– End and Key-User Training
– Go-Live Checklists
- Acquire knowledge on how to conduct user trainings for different user types
- Determine key factors in ensuring a successful project implementation
Who Should Participate
- IT professionals
- Project managers
- Anyone who is tasked to do a software project
Module 1: Software Project Management: Differences and Familiarities
Module 2: The role of a software project manager
Module 3: Software project management phases for an effective and successful Go-Live
Module 4: Monitoring your project: What to do and what to expect
Module 5: Project documentations
Module 6: Training your users: What kind of training should they have?
Module 7: Key factors in ensuring a successful software implementation
Schedule: Please call to register, or you may download our registration form. Kindly fill-out, and send to us through fax (8727.88.60) or email. You will receive a confirmation within 48 hours.