REAL has begun an exciting new chapter in its history. Our goal is to make REAL a world-class education institution that prepares our students to face the challenges of a VUCA world (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous). In 2019, we began introducing cutting edge innovations in our schools and kindergartens that will ensure our students are intellectually, emotionally, and physically ready to thrive in an age characterized by the 4th and 5th industrial revolutions.
- REAL’s new digital education initiative includes coding, programming, data analytics, user interface, robotics, AI, and tech-entrepreneurship; and will form the focal point of our STEM programme, integrating technology with science, maths, and engineering.
- REAL’s new physical education programme has expanded beyond sports and fitness to ensure that all our students, by the time they graduate, are able to run 10km, swim 5 laps, and play a variety of sports. The programme also includes self-defence and wilderness and urban survival skills to ensure personal safety.
- REAL’s new performing arts programmes ensure that all students develop the courage and freedom to express themselves through drama and music.
- REAL’s new design and life skills programme ensures that all students master the process of innovation and design thinking through a variety of mediums including culinary arts, textiles, wood and metal craft, and graphic design.
- REAL’s new entrepreneurship and leadership programme ensures that all students learn to see the world from an entrepreneur’s eyes; identifying opportunities, recognizing consumer trends, joining the dots, mobilizing resources, managing finances, and being results driven.
- REAL’s new academic programme encourages students’ intellectual curiosity; inspiring a love of learning, independent and higher order thinking, while delivering academic excellence.
- REAL’s new psychological well-being programme ensures that all students develop their EQ (Emotional Intelligence) which includes stress and anger management and a new level of self-awareness and self-esteem that will create a foundation for stable mental health and wellness.
- REAL’s new global leadership programme ensures that all students are sensitized to the needs of their world, using the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide and are able to identify and implement strategies to bring about change in their local and global communities.
Alongside these, there have been many other new initiatives that will ensure REAL’s schools and kindergartens (REAL Kids) will lead the way and set new benchmarks for education in Malaysia.
Campus Improvement and Infrastructure Development – To enable these exciting new additions to your child’s school experience, we have embarked on a campus development plan in April last year. Improvements have been made in school facilities to ensure that our students have a school environment that enables 21st century learning.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.