We are a community of individuals who are actively involved in Singapore’s debate circuit and comprises accomplished debaters and coaches who have competed and coached at the highest level.
Our collective experience as working professionals in the private sector, public service and civil service provides us with direct and personal experience of how debate and oratory skills apply in the real world.
We are passionate about advancing the quality, access, and progress of debate in Singapore and Asia and provide programmes which help students become better thinkers, better speakers, and better citizens.
We believe that the medium of debate imparts skillsets required of a 21st century workforce and enables individuals to better engage with society and the world they live in.
We believe that debate helps individuals to:
- Think and speak with greater clarity and be understood by others
- Acquire the courage to challenge the norm
- Engage in respectful and meaningful discourse
- Develop an independent opinion amidst noise
- And possess the willingness to question long-held opinions, even one’s own
We believe that public speaking allows individuals to:
- Gain confidence in speaking in front of large groups of people
- Be heard and understood concisely and coherently
- Challenge other opinions by voicing one’s own
- Sharpen communication skills to form new connections
- Impart a message to an audience and motivate change
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.