The Asian Institute of Sciences
The training programs and courses follow the approved national curriculum on nursing, midwifery, and medical laboratory of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. They are credit-based and divided into 6 semesters of three years with a total of 135 credits (excluded 33 credits for basic computer and English proficiency subjects). They contain theoretical studies, practical work in the Institute, community-based outreach, clinical placements and clinical internships in health facilities. In addition, the Institute provides English for Medicine and a basic computer course as elective subjects.
By the end of the program, students will:
• Obtain quality training and a degree in nursing, midwifery or medical laboratory which is highly needed in the country and abroad.
• Acquire and apply knowledge, skills, competencies, professionalism and appropriate behaviours in caring and nursing careers for people of all ages.
• Obtain and apply knowledge of relevant laws, ethics and policies in nursing, midwifery or medical laboratory in the Kingdom of Cambodia and overseas.
• Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in research, the use of data and evidence in conducting health education and in improving health for all.
• Obtain and apply high skills and appropriate behaviour when communicating with patients, families, and clients, regardless of their gender, political beliefs, living standards, religion or race.
• Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and become effective in both working independently and in a team with others who have the same but sometimes different disciplines.
• Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in basic technology and are ready to learn and share new knowledge and skills.
- Be able to communicate in English.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.