Tra Vinh University is a public university located in Mekong Delta, the South of Vietnam. It offers a multi-level, multi-disciplinary and multi-training method model for people at all ages, particularly women, ethnic minorities and communities with special demands.
With the motto “bringing quality education to the community”, TVU makes much effort to work closely with enterprises for building curriculum and the students’ practicum in the purpose of helping the students gain more practical and useful experience, and creating the best job opportunities for them after graduating.
We are interested in bio-technology, chemical engineering, information technology, clean energy, and free pesticide agriculture to contribute to the economic development of community and the region.
Based on the success of the Vietnam-Canada Community College Project, along with training development in the trend of international integration, TVU has identified that international cooperation is one of its strategic missions. The university continuously expands its international cooperation in terms of scientific research, student and teacher exchange, curriculum development, teaching methodologies, receiving volunteers and training international students, etc… with its partners.
The scientific research and international collaboration have been paid great attention by the university’s partners to help TVU accomplish its goals.
Tra Vinh University offers multi-disciplinary, multi-level and articulation of trainings, in order to meet the learners’ various and diverse needs; carries out scientific research along with the application hereof, along with technology transfer and social services. All of which contribute to the increase of the learners’ future employment opportunities, improving the quality of life of the communities and promotion of socio-economic development of the region and the whole country.
TVU educational philosophy
Tra Vinh University believes that education and training are the foundation of society, and that the results not only promote personal development, but also the development of the society as a whole.
The training programs of TVU are designed and developed on the basis of enhancing learners’ capacity of necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes, all which are consulted from the involved parties (including enterprises, employers, skilled workers, scientists, lecturers, students, etc.) in order to ensure that learners are well equipped to enter into the labor force.
It is also believed that the development of the Student-Centered Learning and Teaching System will create the most favorable conditions for learners to specify their appropriate learning plans towards maximizing their potential and strengths, as well as their responsibility for studying, and thereby fostering awareness about lifelong learning.
Tra Vinh University provides the skills and training for learners based on the following principles:
Learners’ capacities will be gradually developed through professional skills, coupled with practice at laboratories, experimental fields, camps and practical experiences at enterprises and agencies, within the scope of the ‚coop’ training model (CO-OP). Additionally, for promoting the learner’s abilities, the university offers students with favourable conditions via lecturers’, general- and financial support so that they can carry out projects as well as scientific research related to the approach of contemporary societal issues and engagement in community activities.
In addition to professional development, soft skills, professional ethics and social responsibility play an essential role. TVU believes that this is an essential tool to help learners to interact with society and thereby apply their professional knowledge and skills to practice. Therefore, these elements are also integrated into the overall training programs of the university.
1. Southern Khmer Language, Culture and Arts
– B.A. in Linguistics and Literature Teacher Education (majoring in Southern Khmer Philology Education)
– B.A. in Culture of Vietnamese ethnic minorities (majoring in Southern Khmer Culture)
– B.A. in Khmer language
– B.A. in Traditional Instrument Performance (majoring in Southern Khmer Art)
– B.A. in Culture and Literature
– M.A. in Culturology (Southern Khmer Culture)
– M.A. in Theory and Teaching Methodology in Literature and Linguistics
– Ph.D. in Culturology
– Ph.D. in Theory and Teaching Methodology in Literature and Linguistics
2. Agriculture and Aquaculture
– B.Sc. in Aquaculture
– B.Sc. in Veterinary
– B.Sc. in Agriculture
– B.Sc. in Food technology
-B. Sc. in Environmental technology
– M.Sc. in Rural Development
– M.Sc. in Veterinary
3. Economics and Law
– B.A. in Business Administration
– B.A. in Accounting
– B.A. in Law
– B.A. in Economics
– B.A. in Finance – Banking
– M.B.A in Business Administration
– M.A. in Economic Law
– M.A. in Economic Management
– M.A. in Accounting
– M.A. in Civil Law and Civil Procedure
– M.A. in Finance- Banking
– M.A. in Constitutional and Administrative Law
– Ph.D. in Business Administration
4. Foreign Languages
– B.A. in English
– M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language
5. Engineering and Technology
– B.E. in Electronics Engineering Technology
– B.E. in Information Technology
– B.E. in Construction Engineering Technology
– B.E. in Electrical Engineering Technology
– B.E. in Mechanic Engineering Technology
– B.E. in Construction Technology of Traffic Works
– B. E. in Industrial Design
– M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
– M.Sc. in Information Technology
6. Applied Chemistry
– B.E. in Chemical Engineering Technology
– B. E. in Materials Science
– M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering
7. Political Theory
– B.A. in Political studies
– B.A. in Early Childhood Education
– B.A. in Primary Education
– B. A. in Music Studies
9. Medicine and Pharmacy
– B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory
– B.Sc. in Nursing
– B.Sc. in General Medicine
– B.Sc. in Public health
– B.Sc. in Pharmacy
– B.Sc. in Odonto – Stomatology Dentistry
– B. Sc. in Rehabilitation
10. Public Management, Office Administration and Tourism
– B.A. in Tourism Service and Travel Administration
– B.A. in Office Administration
– B.A. in Public Management
11. Foundation Science
– B.A. in Social Work
– B.A. in Applied Mathematics
12. Pre – University
– Undergraduate pathway Programs
13. Odonto- stomatology
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.