UWEC or Underwater Engineering Center that was registered in Kajang Selangor is a school approved and accredited by Weldcraft Pro United Kingdom that runs a unique and prestigious professional underwater welding course in Malaysia.
It is managed by MM Matrix Integrity (M) Sdn Bhd, a Bumiputra company that is very visionary and courageous, and ready to respond to the Government’s call to produce many locals especially who do not have the opportunity to pursue their studies at higher levels or educations.
However, with the availability of such course, they will get the chance to become a professional wet welder with salary more than other professional occupations such as engineers, doctors and others.
The Weldcraft-Pro coded welder training programme is delivered through our approved centres, around the world. The programme is a highly specialised training course, designed for commercial divers serious about obtaining high quality Manual Metal Arc (MMA) / Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) welding skills both above and below water. It follows the guidelines as stated under the European Welding Federation (EWF) document 570-01, with qualifications being awarded in accordance with ISO 15618-1, AWS D3.6M-10 or BS 4872-1, for fillet welds on plate
SHORT COURSES : 100% HRDF CLAIMABLE & 20 CCD POINTS
There are seven short courses offered under UWEC:
1) Basic Cold Work Training Course: Dry Composite Repair
2) Basic Cold Work Training Course: Underwater Composite Repair (Wet)
3) Two-Day Basic Welding Training Course: Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) & Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
4) Introduction to Underwater (Wet) Welding Program
5) Basic Electrical Engineering Training Course: Three Phase Wiring
6) Basic Electrical Engineering Training Course: Single Phase Wiring
7) Introduction to Welding Inspection & Quality Control
Please contact us for more information.