Unleash Your Potential: Innovation and Enterprise
Get an introduction to innovation and enterprise, and learn to generate and evaluate your own ideas.
Discover how to shape your world with innovation
In the ever-changing and highly competitive world we live in, the ability to think creatively has never been more important.
Get an introduction to innovation and enterprise, and gain the confidence to generate ideas so that you can make a difference, with this online course from the University of Bristol.
You’ll learn ways to develop ideas, gain creative confidence, and turn ideas into action.
You’ll improve your problem solving capabilities, and discover problem structuring tools to tackle complex issues.
Finally, you’ll learn how to develop networks, articulate ideas, and pitch successfully.
- A historic overview of how ideas become innovations
- Insights into the habits of successful innovators
- Approaches and methods for understanding and categorising complex problems
- Techniques for structuring and solving problems
- Understanding ‘accidental’ invention and engineering your own luck
- Recognising different forms of innovation
- Idea-generation and evaluation techniques
- Using the Lean Startup method to test your ideas out
- How to network, influence, and pitch your ideas effectively
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
Develop your personal resource profile and innovation style to better focus your ideas
Explore historic, current, and future innovations that inspire you
Develop a toolkit of problem-solving and idea-generating techniques
Investigate engineering your own luck so that you have more and better ‘accidental’ ideas
Identify ways to start-up an idea with a minimum of effort and expense
Improve your pitching and influencing skills
Collaborate through online networking
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in innovation and enterprise in the modern world, but may be of particular interest to students who are looking to develop their transferable skills for the workplace and general day-to-day life.
Who developed the course?
University of Bristol is one of the leading institutions among the UK’s Russell Group of universities and is recognised for its research and academic excellence.
REGISTER FOR THE COURSE