Unleash Your Potential: Sustainable Futures
Learn about the sustainability challenges of the modern world, and make a positive contribution to society.
Find out how to deal with world sustainability issues
United Nations (UN) countries have adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
On this online course, you’ll learn about these UN Sustainable Development Goals, and the different roles people can play in creating a sustainable future.
You’ll get an introduction to the sustainability challenges the modern world is facing, and gain the skills to play a part in solving them.
You’ll learn how to make a positive contribution to society on a local and global scale, and create a happy and fulfilling sustainable future for everyone.
- Happiness and Purpose, and their links to Sustainable Development.
- Responsibility, Purpose and Foresight in response to Sustainability challenges.
- How different individuals and organisations take different roles, and work together, to tackle sustainability challenges, explored through a number of case studies.
- Making a difference at the local and regional level: Case studies in Food Waste, Energy and Homelessness.
- Making a difference at the global level: Case studies in Microplastics, Industrial Greenhouse Gas emissions and Sustainable Tourism.
- Understanding the challenges and obstacles those ‘making a difference’ face, and how they find support.
- Approaches to personal self reflection on the path to ‘make a difference.’
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
Identify diverse ways to achieving a sense of purpose.
Explore different approaches to making an impact at a local scale.
Explore different approaches to making an impact at a global scale.
Reflect on an individual’s role in a big system.
Identify ways to make a difference.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in sustainability in a broad sense, but may be of particular interest to students who are looking to develop their transferable skills for the workplace and general day-to-day life.
Who developed the course?
University of Bristol is one of the leading institutions among the UK’s Russell Group of universities and is recognised for its research and academic excellence.
REGISTER FOR THE COURSE