With so many things moving to the digitized world, many people have shifted their attention to online classes. With this in mind, what if you want to start your online yoga classes? What do you need to know? What are the essential steps to start your online yoga classes?
Why Start Your Online Yoga Classes
Now that the world is opening up again, you might be wondering whether to shift to online yoga classes. The answer depends on what you think is important. It could be anything from keeping as many people as safe as possible to minimizing your expenses. According to statistics, there is a visible shift towards online yoga classes during and after the pandemic effect.
One important reason you might decide to shift your yoga classes online is that it lets you reach more people than you would if you held physical classes. People from all over the world can join your class in the comfort of their homes.
Whether you are holding one-on-one classes with individual students or conducting group sessions, there is still a way you can reach and connect with your students through the internet. An added bonus of teaching online yoga classes is that you can find a way to make more money, even if that is not your inclination.
Some of the benefits of conducting online yoga classes include:
- It helps you bring together a large global community, enabling a large number of people to work toward happiness, better health, and peace of mind.
- It is a way to generate passive income.
- You can join the classes from anywhere, giving you location independence to teach your classes no matter where you are.
- You can also earn money from your videos and posts
Online Yoga Studio
The first question you might ask is, what is an online yoga studio, and do I need one? One of the essential steps you need to know to start an online yoga class is an online yoga studio. Online yoga studios are an integral part of online yoga classes as it is where you will hold your classes.
To put it simply, an online yoga studio is a membership site where you can host and offer premium yoga classes to your followers at a fee. Instead of using sites like YouTube to conduct your classes, you can create your video streaming service that will act as an online studio.
This will be a space to upload all your tutorials, videos, and flows. The information on the studio can help members reach your information whenever they need it, even when you are off-line. You can also carry out classes in your studio in real-time, helping you connect with your followers.
The studio enables you to build your online yoga community, offers your followers simple and easy training courses, and gives you a chance to connect with your students, no matter their geographical location. Online Yoga Studio is the best option if you are planning to start your online yoga classes.
How to Start Your Online Yoga Classes
While the idea might seem a little too much, there are some simple steps you can follow to start your online class.
These steps are:
1. Choose your Niche
There are plenty of online yoga classes available, and if you want to jump on the bandwagon, you will want to focus on the style you are more comfortable teaching. You should also find out what your community resonates well with; find a unique area of expertise that is different from all others.
Take some time to discover what you want your classes to focus on, discover what your community wants and how they will benefit from your classes, and take inspiration from other online yoga teachers. Use this research to build a brand, catered to your specific style and audience.
2. Discover your Style
There are many filming styles to choose from, but picking the comfortable one for you is crucial. You can start with the little equipment you already have to build your style. Some of the techniques you can choose from include:
- Studio presentation. This could mean teaching from your mat, similar to conducting physical classes. You can set your camera in front of you and record from a viewpoint your followers are already familiar with.
- Class instruction. This style involves you filming your live classes and uploading them to your site. It can be an impersonal approach, but if used well, can be something that your class will follow easily.
- Follow-along instruction. In this style, you show your students what to do using your actions. Give them instructions via voiceovers while you follow the instructions yourself.
In the end, whatever teaching style you use needs to be comfortable for you and your students and one that allows as much interaction as possible. You can try filming using different styles and work with the most effective one.
3. Create a Website
Having a website is one of the most essential steps. This is where you will post your classes and where potential clients can learn more about your online classes, prices and see if they can connect with your yoga style.
The website is your branding, so you want it to be a professional and simple interface that new clients won’t have a problem with. You can either create your website or use website creating sites and customize your style from there.
4. Set Your Prices
There are many pricing options you can go with that will help you relate your charges in physical studios to your online classes. Some of these options include:
- Ad-Based Video on Demand (AVOD). This is an option where you play adverts before, during, or after the video instead of charging for your classes, similar to youtube.
- Transactional Video on Demand (TVOD). With TVOD, you charge your viewers for accessing a single video. They have the option to rent a video for a specific period or pay for unlimited access to the video.
- Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD). This is where your clients pay a fee, monthly or annually, which gives them complete access to all your videos. They can access the videos anytime as long as they make their subscription payments.
5. Build Your Community
Bringing new people into your community is a way to ensure your content reaches as many people as possible and lets you grow as an instructor. One of the ways you can build your online yoga class community is by creating a user funnel.
This is a system that will constantly bring you more followers. It gives you a constant stream of potential subscribers visiting your site and viewing your content. You can use some promotional techniques to create your user funnel, which includes these steps:
- Find promotional strategies using social media. This can include Facebook groups, Instagram posts and stories, and guest appearances on podcasts.
- Refer people to your site. Have a strong message that will encourage people to visit your site.
- Offer free-trials. You can give potential subscribers up to a month of free trial where they can sample your work at no charge.
- Contact those who don’t stay. Send a simple message to people who don’t subscribe or cancel their membership to find out what you can change or how you can make them more comfortable.
There you go! Those are some of the essential steps for starting your online yoga class. Following these steps, confidence, and using the right equipment will set you on the right path to starting online yoga classes.
To find out more on this line of business visit edujournal.